In our Instagram feed, we sometimes share RTW (ready-to-wear) looks that we come across that would be easy to recreate with a Blank Slate Pattern.
Use the Rivage Raglan to create this cozy sweater. Alter the pattern to straighten the hemline, cropping the length to end at your high hip.
To create the trim:
- Use an ivory cotton/spandex jersey to create several yards of 1″ wide single-fold trim. Cut 2″ wide strips, then fold raw edges towards the center (wrong sides together) and press.
- Topstitch the trim in place onto the vertical center of the sleeves before constructing the top.
- On page 11, after step 2 of the pattern instructions — topstitch the ivory trim on top of the sleeve seam lines.
- Also on page 11, after step 3 — add sleeve cuffs made with the ivory jersey. The cuffs should be 1″ finished width, the same length as the end of the sleeve (not stretched to fit).
- Make the neckband using the ivory jersey. To recreate the inspiration look, you’ll need to widen the neckband piece (make it 3″ wide, so that the finished width will be 1″).
- After hemming, attach more of the trim evenly around the bottom of the sweater. (It looks like about 2″ above the bottom edge.)
Here are a few fabric options (affiliate links):
- black/pink heather cotton linen sweater knit (also in black/pink!)
- black wool blend sweater knit
- solid “white linen” jersey knit
For more of these sew the look inspirations, be sure to follow our Instagram account!