Hey y'all - today I'm showing you how I altered the Wintersong Dress pattern to make myself this flowy top. I originally planned to wear it when I visited Quilt Market this fall, but that trip didn't happen because of epic flooding. Although I probably could have made it to Houston, driving in all that rain did not appeal to me.
Instead, I've been wearing this top around in the very mild fall weather we're having.
To make my Wintersong top, I lowered the neckline (and remember if you change the neckline you have to take some off the sleeve seam too since this is a raglan pattern), cut it to hip length, and cut the sleeves shorter and slashed and spread them to get bell sleeves. You can see how I did this below.
Though it looks a lot different than the original pattern, this is actually a pretty easy hack. I also added a bow to the neckline; just tied one and tacked it on. And that has made it one of those items getting a ton of wear in my closet.